April 12, 2017 - Sound Cybersecurity Practices For Your Law Firm
Law Society Classroom, 219 Kennedy Street, Winnipeg
April 12, 2017 12 Noon - 1:30 PM
This very practical program will further your awareness of cybersecurity risks, and will provide you with valuable information about the technologies and cybersecurity practices you can adopt to reduce these risks.
Topics will include:
- Insurance – do you know what you are actually covered for?
- Lessons from the investment industry
- Cybersecurity best practices – including written policies, hardware inventories and incidence response guides
- But wait…What are the technologies required at the front end before you can even begin to implement new policies?
- How to find a good information technology/cybersecurity specialist
- Implementing a cybersecurity Policy
Sean Shore, Canadian Compliance and Regulatory Law
James Morris, Director, Security and Professional Services, Epic an MTS Company
Moderator: Tana Christianson, Director of Insurance, The Law Society of Manitoba
In Person Registration Fee:
Lawyer - $75 (plus GST)
Student - $37.50 (plus GST) ~ 50% Discount
Note: Registration fee includes materials and lunch
Teleconference Registration Fee: $55 plus GST (includes materials sent electronically) Registrants will receive an email prior to April 12 with detailed instructions on how to dial in and connect for the audio call.
This program may be reported for up to 1.5 hours of eligible CPD activity, including 1.5 hours of EPPM.