Opportunities for employment which may be of interest to the legal profession
- Lawyer - Assiniboia Law Office and Brian Kress
- Opportunity for lawyer with 2 – 5 years experience. Closing date is September 30, 2014
- Chief Executive Officer - Law Society of Manitoba
- Working to ensure that the public is well served by a legal profession that is honourable, competent and independent, the Law Society of Manitoba is a self-governing body for lawyers in the province of Manitoba. With a mission to serve the public interest and maintain public confidence in Manitoba’s approximately 2,000 member-lawyers, the Law Society sets and enforces standards for the admission, education, professional responsibility and competence of new and practicing lawyers. Closing date for applications: September 5th, 2014.
- A Legal Advisor is being retained by the City to provide expertise on Canadian best practices regarding content and language used in RFP’s and DBF(O)M Agreements related to P3 Projects. The City will be responsible for the drafting and revisions to the RFQ, RFP and DBFM Agreement for the P3 Project. The Contract for Services for the Legal Advisor is intended to extend from September 2014 through to completion of advisory Services which is projected to be Spring 2016 (anticipated date for Financial Close). The Submission Deadline is 4:00 p.m. Winnipeg time, September 5, 2014.
- Legal Counsel - Manitoba Law Reform Commission
- Legal Counsel Position : The Manitoba Law Reform Commission is looking for full-time or part-time legal counsel. The successful candidate will engage in legal research and writing, and consultation with members of the legal profession and the public. This is a contract position ending on March 31, 2015 with a strong possibility of extension. This is not a civil service position. Closing date for applications: Sept. 5th, 2014
- Lawyer / Legal Counsel - Regina, Saskatchewan
- Our client is a highly respected boutique law firm with a legacy of experience in Corporate law, Commercial transactions, General Practice and Estates based in Regina, Saskatchewan. As part of the firm's succession plan, they are seeking a qualified Lawyer who is ready to take his/her career to a new level. We invite you to explore this unique opportunity to build your own practice on the strength of this firm's well established history, collegial environment and professional reputation! All enquiries are treated in confidence. Employment Network Canada Inc.
- Solicitor - City of Winnipeg
- The City of Winnipeg has an exciting opportunity for a Solicitor in the Legal Services Department. Under the general direction of the Director of Legal Services/City Solicitor, the solicitor will have responsibility for drafting contracts and procurement documentation, representing the City in negotiations of contracts and contract disputes and providing legal advice and services. As indicated in the posting, please proceed to winnipeg.ca/hr/ to submit an online application.
- Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Attorney General, the Director Legal and Constitutional Law assists the Assistant Deputy Attorney General in carrying out his or her duties respecting the provision of legal services and advice, and the conduct of litigation. The Director, Legal and Constitutional Law is responsible for management of the Legal and Constitutional Law Division which includes supervision of legal counsel, students and support staff engaged in the provision of all legal advice and services to the Government of Nunavut. the Director is responsible for ensuring that the administration of Public affairs accords with the law, that the GN, its agents and employees are properly represented in all legal proceedings and that all steps are taken to ensure that decisions by the GN are embodied in legally enforceable documents. Closing date is October 3, 2014.
- Director, Civil Legal Services - Manitoba Justice Civil Legal Services
- Civil Legal Services is responsble for managing the delivery of all civil legal services to departments, agencies, boards, commissions, committees and government corporation that do not have their own legal counsel in a consistent, coordinated, cost effective and innovative manner. Closing date is Sept. 8, 2014.