For the Public
Information for the general public
- Welcome to the Law Society of Manitoba's member directory. This directory is intended to assist the public in locating a particular Manitoba lawyer or articling student. It will usually give the name, address, firm or business, telephone number and email address of Manitoba lawyers. It will tell you a lawyer's practising status and the date when they first were licensed to practise in Manitoba.
- Funded by the Law Society of Manitoba and The Manitoba Law Foundation, the Law Phone-In and Lawyer Referral Program provides general legal information over the phone in response to callers' inquiries. Callers are also referred to appropriate law-related agencies where such an agency exists and the situation warrants it.
- Lawyer Discipline Histories
- The Law Society maintains a record of all lawyers' discipline records dating back to 1992. A discipline record will show if a lawyer has been convicted of professional misconduct, incompetence or conduct unbecoming a lawyer. A lawyer's complaints history is not a matter of public record.
- Family Law Access Centre
- The Family Law Access Centre (FLAC) is a pilot project offered by the Law Society of Manitoba to assist middle income families afford legal services with respect to family law matters.
- Concerns About Your Lawyer
- How the Law Society Can Help
- Complaints Review Commissioner
- The Complaints Review Commissioner is an independent member of the public (a non-lawyer) who reviews Law Society staff decisions not to investigate a complaint because it is determined to be of no merit as well as staff decisions not to refer an investigated complaint to the Complaints Investigation Committee for its consideration.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- A list of commonly asked questions.