This section includes various admission forms including those related to articling, the Canadian Centre for Professional Legal Education (CPLED) Program, law student registration, and appeals.
- ARTICLING and CPLED ADMISSION FORMS
- Articling and CPLED Admission forms are found in this category. http://www.lawsociety.mb.ca/news/2016-2017-manitoba-cpled-program
- CPLED CALL to the BAR INFORMATION for STUDENTS
- Information and forms required for a CPLED Graduate to be called to the Manitoba bar are found in this category. In order to be eligible to be called all documents and fees must be received and approved by the Law Society of Manitoba before a date of call will be confirmed. _________________________________________________________________________ For 2015-16 CPLED Graduates participating in the June Mass Call, the filing deadline for all requirements to be received at the Education & Competence Department is May 6, 2016.
- Information & Fee Schedule for Applicants for Admission
- This document provides information on the Society's admission requirements and process along with a fee schedule for all Admissions applications. Please note: All fees are subject to change without notice.
- Application to Register as a Law Student
- Only students currently enrolled in an accredited law degree program or who are registered to take or are awaiting the results of examinations or courses prescribed by the NCA are eligible to apply for registration as law students. Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for processing and decision.
- Application to Commence Active Practice
- An Application to Commence Active Practice must be filed by all new members who intend to practise law in Manitoba. Applicants requesting to commence active practice more than 90 days AFTER their Call to the Bar must also submit this application together with a non-refundable application fee along with a certificate of standing from all governing bodies of the legal profession, inside and outside of Canada, of which you are or were ever a member, dated not more than 30 days before the date of your application.
- Guidelines for Good Character
- Information for candidates applying for admission to the Manitoba CPLED Program and as an articling student, or seeking permission to resume active practice or transfer to the Manitoba Bar under the National Mobility Agreement, outlining issues and/or concerns that must be disclosed upon submitting an application for admission.
- Notice of Appeal Form
- Admissions and Education decisions made by the chief executive officer under Division 1 of Part 5 of the Rules of the Law Society of Manitoba may be appealed to the Admissions and Education Committee in accordance with the applicable Law Society Rules set out in the Notice of Appeal. An appeal must be initiated by delivering a completed notice of appeal in the required form.