ARTICLING and CPLED ADMISSION FORMS
Articling and CPLED Admission forms are found in this category.
- 2014 - 2015 Forms
- Application to Act as a Principal
- Application for lawyers to act as Principals of articling students. Applicants must be a practising lawyer and have carried on active practice in Manitoba for not less than three years immediately preceding becoming a Principal and meet the criteria for principals established by the Society. Only approved Principals or their delegates may offer an articling position to a student.
- Requirements for Transfer of Articles 2013
- Pursuant to Law Society of Manitoba Rule 5-6.2 students and principals must request permission of the Law Society of Manitoba’s chief executive officer to withdraw from their articling agreement.
- Application for Abridgement of Articles
- Please review Law Society Rule 5-5(1) with reference to this application.
- Request for Credit for Articles Served
- Request for credit for articles served in another jurisdiction pursuant to Law Society Rule 5-5(2). Please note: A decision on this application will not be rendered until after an applicant has successfully completed the CPLED Program.
- Application for Exemption from Articling and CPLED Requirements Based on Foreign Practising Experience
- This application is for lawyers applying for admission to the Law Society of Manitoba who have practising experience outside of Canada. Applicants to the CPLED Program and as an Articling Student who have practised in a foreign jurisdiction may apply for an exemption from: all or part of the CPLED Program requirement; and/or all or part of the articling requirement of 52 weeks of full time articles. This application must be accompanied with the Summary of Practice Experience - Foreign Jurisdiction, the non-refundable application fee and a Certificate of Qualification from the National Committee of Accreditation.
- Summary of Practice Experience in a Foreign Jurisdiction
- This form is for applicants to the CPLED Program and as an Articling Student who have practised law in a foreign jurisdiction and wish to request an exemption from articling and CPLED requirements based on their previous practise experience. This form must be submitted with the Application for Exemption from Articling and CPLED Requirements based on Foreign Practising Experience.
- Application for Financial Assistance
- Only those applicants who have been approved as an articling student and for enrollment in the Manitoba CPLED Program are eligible to apply for financial assistance from the Law Society of Manitoba. Applications are considered on a case by case basis.