May 15, 2017 - Women Thriving in the Law with a Grit and Growth Mindset
Law Society Classroom, 219 Kennedy Street, Winnipeg
May 15, 2017 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Jointly presented by the Law Society of Manitoba
and the Manitoba Bar Association Women Lawyers’ Forum
We are pleased to offer this special only for women lawyers half day CPD event which will introduce two of the characteristics--grit and growth--that many successful women lawyers have in common. You do not have to possess these traits by nature, they can be taught and leveraged to enhance your resilience and success in whatever you do.
In this program you will learn:
- The recent science-based discoveries about mindset.
- The growth mindset and positive stress mindsets that give rise to enhanced resilience, greater ability to deal with adversity, and an attribute known as grit.
- The connection between grit and growth mindset with success in legal practice and the American Bar Association’s undertakings in this area.
- In addition, grit and growth mindset will be directly applied to the challenges of legal practice such as handling a heavy workload, dealing with negative feedback, and managing difficult clients.
You will have the opportunity:
To hear the experiences and top tips from this diverse and experienced panel of local women lawyers – Roberta Campbell, Annette Horst, Sofia Mirza, Kim Antonio, and Jessica Saunders.
- Access tools to assess your levels of grit and growth mindset.
- To engage in discussion with your fellow attendees about mindsets and how these apply to the challenges you encounter in legal practice.
- Begin developing your own growth mindset.
This program goes well beyond the usual advice you will hear about resilience and well-being with game changing and practical insights women lawyers can apply for success in legal practice. You will have the benefit of speaker presentations, panel discussions as well as your own table discussions.
Meet Your Presenter:
This grit and growth program is facilitated by Allison Wolf. Allison is a Certified Executive Coach, publisher of Lawyer With A Life, and founder and coach with Shift Works Strategic Inc. Her coaching practice is entirely focused on lawyers. She works with clients from across Canada and the United States. She is retained both by individuals and by law firms. She has worked with clients from virtually every area of practice, and all levels of seniority, from newly called associates to senior partners transitioning to retirement. For more information please visit her website.
Lawyer - $205.00 (plus GST)
MBA Member - $175.00 (plus GST)
Student - $102.50 (plus GST) ~ 50% Discount
Note: Registration fee includes materials and lunch.
MB Members: This program may be reported for up to 4 hours of eligible CPD activity, including 4 hours of EPPM.